SOLVED
4 REPLIES 4
aagbemuko
Beginner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Boot Menu not Loading with New Erazer Hunter X20 PC

Hello,

I just got a new Medion Erazer X20 Hunter PC (MD 35357) and for the last 24 hours I have been trying to go to the boot menu set up. I have tried F2/F12/Del and even tried to boot from Windows Advanced Start up (based on some answers on this forum). But every time after using for example the Windows Advanced Start up and press restart, the display goes completely blank. However, the PC is on with the LEDs and all fans and the cooler working, but no signal is received by the display. The same applies to any of the function keys.

I have tried to press the power on/off button to force shut down and press again and the system boots fine to windows if I don't press any keyboard characters.

What could be the problem? I have tried for 24 hours to no avail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
daddle
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

@aagbemuko 

@aagbemuko  schrieb

Basically, what I have done is shutdown the PC as normal. Then, press the on/off button and almost immediately, I press and hold the Del key. Windows just boots to the logon screen 

To get easily into Bios settings I advise two ways, which work normally very well. Except Windows  has reconfigured the boot sequence temporarily to do the second part of an update while booting.

1. Don't shut down  "normally", press an hold the shift key before initiating shutdown. 

This prevents Windows to enter the hybrid sleepmode.

2. Then pressing the Del Key before or immediately after you switched the PC onwill open        up the Bios .

3. Shutdown with the shift key pressed like in tip 2. This prevents Windows to enter in the hybrid sleepmode.

Than start with pressing simultaneously the F10 key to enter the isolated  Boot Menu. The last menu item is always "Bios setup".

In my experience, this method is the best and mostly functioning way to get into Bios.

Your Graphic Card has 3  DP ports (V1.4) and  1 HDMI 2.1.

If your monitor cable isn't  V.2,1 compatible, thats why you didn't get a picture on HDMI.

Success, daddle

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hi @aagbemuko and welcome

if I understand you correctly you want to get into the bios/uefi?

13.3.1. Executing the UEFI firmware configuration
You can only run the configuration program upon system startup. If the PC has
already been started, shut down Windows® and restart it.
Before the PC reboots, press the Del key and hold it down until the message
Entering Setup appears.

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
aagbemuko
Beginner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hello Fishtown,

Thank you very much for your answer. Indeed, this is what I have tried to do except I am misunderstanding the procedure from the manual that you mentioned because I also have read the manual.

Basically, what I have done is shutdown the PC as normal. Then, press the on/off button and almost immediately, I press and hold the Del key. Windows just boots to the logon screen (ignoring the pressed and held Del key which I do for more than a minute).

Not sure what am doing wrong.

Ade

aagbemuko
Beginner
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hello,

I found the solution. I found out I needed to insert the display cable in a specific port -- the DP port (not the HDMI which I was using before). There was an instruction at the back panel, but it was in German, so just translated it. After that, everything seems fine.

It turns out its a display port issue.

Best regards,

Ade

daddle
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

@aagbemuko 

@aagbemuko  schrieb

Basically, what I have done is shutdown the PC as normal. Then, press the on/off button and almost immediately, I press and hold the Del key. Windows just boots to the logon screen 

To get easily into Bios settings I advise two ways, which work normally very well. Except Windows  has reconfigured the boot sequence temporarily to do the second part of an update while booting.

1. Don't shut down  "normally", press an hold the shift key before initiating shutdown. 

This prevents Windows to enter the hybrid sleepmode.

2. Then pressing the Del Key before or immediately after you switched the PC onwill open        up the Bios .

3. Shutdown with the shift key pressed like in tip 2. This prevents Windows to enter in the hybrid sleepmode.

Than start with pressing simultaneously the F10 key to enter the isolated  Boot Menu. The last menu item is always "Bios setup".

In my experience, this method is the best and mostly functioning way to get into Bios.

Your Graphic Card has 3  DP ports (V1.4) and  1 HDMI 2.1.

If your monitor cable isn't  V.2,1 compatible, thats why you didn't get a picture on HDMI.

Success, daddle

4 REPLIES 4