New Voice
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Beeping and shut down

Erazer X7841

MD 99969

MSN30020586

It was spilled with beer a little.

I opened back panel and took out keyboard to clean.. So i cleaned the dust and other stuff carefully bellow the keyboard, keyboard it self and dust everywhere.

Computer works fine only in normal mode. As soon as i launch the game, after 2-5 minutes it starts beeping. If i shut down the game - beeping stops. If i continue - it shuts down.

I mean, we could think it is overheating, but temeparture of GPU only rises above 60 C, when it happens, CPU is even lower. I use https://www.nzxt.com/camapp software to monitor it. And i also can feel it by my hands - it is all cold, not even warm... not even close to how hot it was before sometimes and still running fine. 

so i don't know.. any sugestions? I believe some sensors are damaged or somethng like that? I hope i don't need to replace motherboard...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
musMiro
New Voice
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

I took out keybord and cleaned it one more time. Everything works fine now, no problems with gaming even if tried to load it with a two games at onces, to test. Bellow the keyboard are coolers, maybe it had some contact.. or could be anything else.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Bodgekin
Mentor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Hi @musMiro

Was the notebook working fine up until the beer-incident? If so, I think something short-circuited somewhere as a result of the spill. If it where just a sensor giving false information, I would expect your software to show these wrong values as well since they get the info from the same sensor. 

I think the best thing to do is to have a technician have a look at it, but I'm afraid it is very likely that the motherboard is broken :(. 

Kind regards,
Bart
musMiro
New Voice
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I tend to agree mother board is broken. But i am using thiscomuter now f0or internet browsing NP. If i will go technitian he will say, you should change motherboard. there are good technitians anymore.. my uncle used to open tv and solder the problems.. now you allways change the motehrboard..i mean, in Medion factory someone should know the solution.. like 5 eur worth replacement.. instead of changing all MB.

musMiro
New Voice
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

I took out keybord and cleaned it one more time. Everything works fine now, no problems with gaming even if tried to load it with a two games at onces, to test. Bellow the keyboard are coolers, maybe it had some contact.. or could be anything else.

3 REPLIES 3