Did you mean: 

Beast X40 Laptop Battery Issues

3 REPLIES 3
themic609
Beginner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Beast X40 Laptop Battery Issues

So I've had the Beast X40 laptop for nearly a year now and just recently while charging the laptop it randomly died. Then when I turned it back on it said that the battery wasn't there (Showed a battery with an X in the middle of it.) Can someone help me out with it? Like is there any warranty or something if the battery is toast?

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

@themic609 

It shows that your battery is defective- you should contact your dealer in GB.

Medion itself offers a two years guarantee for battery life , except it is bought with Aldi, then you get in Germany and some other countries a 3-year guarantee on built in batteries.

Cheers, daddle 

themic609
Beginner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

@daddle 

Thank you for letting me know ^^

For some reason now the battery is being seen and is charging fine. So I'm at a loss of to what the actual issue is. I'll still get in contact with medion though, so thank you for letting me know that again! 

daddle
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

@themic609

Thanks for the info. But I just wonder what you people in general do, before asking in the forum. The first thing should be to do a multiple reset ( Switching off and rebooting). That solve most problems. Also a missing battery.

Second I would wait inbetween with a switched off PC, and  trying again.

Third would be to do a residual voltage discharge of the whole board  For future use

--> https://community.medion.com/t5/Videoclips-Tips-Tricks-Tutorials/Tips-Device-isn-t-responding/ta-p/9...

cheers, daddle

3 REPLIES 3