Did you mean: 

Battery not charging

3 REPLIES 3
El-Jay
Newcomer
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Battery not charging

Hi, I have a  Medion MD97972 Erazer notebook running window`s 7. Two days ago, out of the blue, the battery icon started saying plugged in, not charging and is hovering at 10% without moving. As soon as I i unplug the adaptor, the computer shuts off without warning, not even going through the shutdown process. I thought the battery was dead, so I replaced it with a new one, but the problem remains. Any suggestions?

Regards, 

Jay

3 REPLIES 3
Bodgekin
Mentor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Hi @El-Jay

Have you tried discharging the notebook? You can do this by removing the battery and the charger, and then keeping the powerbutton pressed for a few seconds.  After that, reconnect the battery and charger and try again. 

If that doesnt work, then I'm afraid your motherboard might be defective, since changing the battery did not solve the problem either. 

Kind regards,
Bart
sweetpoison
Mentor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

It might be an inperfect contact on battery. Try to remove it and put it back. The laptop should be able to start without AC even at 10%. 

Happened to me with new laptop where I had to remove/connect the battery about 4 times until it start working even if windows was telling me the battery is fine (and discharged). And same as your case, when I removed the power cord the laptop got instant off.

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi @El-Jay ,

the solution of @sweetpoison might work, maybe you can give us an update of your situation? The unit has been sold in 2012, so it also could possibly be, that the power board is damaged. 

Cheers,

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
3 REPLIES 3