Did you mean: 

BIOS Update for Deputy P60 30036528

4 REPLIES 4
pseudoSD
New Voice
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

BIOS Update for Deputy P60 30036528

I just bought this laptop and the GPU is crashing every time I play a game. Screen goes black then Laptop loads back up with extremely dark display which I have to hold a torch to to read, it almost looks like an e-ink display. I have noticed that in task manager my gpu 1 rtx 4060 has been at 0% while my iGPU has been in use, I have already updated the graphics drivers on my rtx GPU and set it to be the used GPU in nvidia control panel, still only the iGPU is used. 

Apparently a bios update could tell the laptop to start using the gpu. please help 

4 REPLIES 4
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

@pseudoSD 

Hi,

did you check in Bios the video settings if it is set to iGPU only?

daddle

pseudoSD
New Voice
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

@daddle  I just checked UEFI BIOS and there is no way to change the graphics card being used. The VGA showed my NVIDIA RTX 4060. I'm starting to think the issue is with the backlight of the laptop. The F2 button on this laptop has a logo of a monitor with 'LCD' written on it, when i press this the screen goes the same as the main issue, but the screen reactivates as normal when I press a keyboard key.
The main issue is that when playing games, the laptop goes black and the screen goes dark again, I'm taken back into the sign in page of windows(entering pin) and the screen is not reactivated by any keyboard inputs

pseudoSD
New Voice
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

@daddle  I have went to chrome://gpu/ and the GL_RENDERER is showing as my iGPU despite me setting my system to use the dedicated GPU in NVIDIA control panel. I've checked the control center too and there is no way to disable optimus and use gpu always

daddle
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

@pseudoSD 

I did ask  if in the Bios (not in the Nvidia settings)  the graphics are set to  iGPU or (IGD, integrated in CPU). Which means the dedicated Nvidia could not be used at all with that setting.

daddle

4 REPLIES 4