BIOS Update for Deputy P40

12 REPLIES 12
hamid35
Trainee
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

BIOS Update for Deputy P40

Hello everyone

From the zip package 00_Bios_Crawler_E40_Deputy_P40.zip, I tried to upgrade the pc BIOS by installing the inf 1 by 1 with reboot between each (1.07.09RME2/1.07.05ME2), but the BIOS manager at boot via F2 remains in version 1.07.09RME1/1.07.05ME1). However, the firmware in the device manager (firmware line in the tree) is 1.07.09RME2.

I've already upgraded my BIOS (Dell/HP/Lenovo/Acer) and each time it's done after a complete reboot of the PC.

My question is: how can I update the BIOS at PC startup so that the BIOS is perfectly up to date, independently of Windows (via Insyde tool, for example)?

Thanks in advance

Version Windows pro 11 22H2 (22621.2283)

12 REPLIES 12
ANDYDENIS1979
Trainee
Message 11 of 13
Message 11 of 13

Just to add to this on observations. If you apply discreet gfx through control centre and reboot. and then decide to go into bios. The bios screen is broken, it only shows up on the left hand side using about a quarter of the screen making it unuseable and unreadable. you have to force shutdown the laptop, restart to windows, apply hybrid setting for gpu then go back to bios in order to use it. i can provide a photo if it helps? thanks

Armchairwarrior
Newcomer
Message 12 of 13
Message 12 of 13

Hi @ANDYDENIS1979 - did you manage to get in to the advanced settings? I am looking to do the same as you and would love to know a solution! Thanks

ANDYDENIS1979
Trainee
Message 13 of 13
Message 13 of 13

Hi @Armchairwarrior ,

the only way to do it is a blind flash which I found someone on YouTube that did it but temps only came down 12C which is a lot but still thermal throttled after 15 minutes of gaming. Shame as it’s great package and price but doesn’t deliver. 

To answer your question.

no I didn’t unfortunately, I ended up returning the unit as after speaking with intel and median it was agreed that the timings and voltages for the boost frequency are set too high by default and is a current issue with intel chips for the last 3 years. I believe this also extends to desktop motherboard bioses. Where the current draw is also set way to high out of intel cpu specs causing high temps and early cpu limit cuts in all cases. I returned the unit to Scan who were outstanding in this issue. Have been going to them for 20 years plus building PCs. I ended up buying a bargain laptop ASUS vivobook pro 15” which is currently 38% off today making this laptop £999. I got mine for £820 with a coupon, link below if they will let me post it. I then bought a 2k panel nvidia gsync panel for £80 and installed that! 14 hours battery life in eco mode. fortnite and call of duty runs over 100fps on the intergrated gfx 780M and runs close to 200fps on the rtx4060 and runs super cool and quiet. maybe this info was helpful or not. maybe you can take ot back and swap like i did.

laptop

https://amzn.eu/d/04uAUntw

panel

https://amzn.eu/d/08FnnrdO

12 REPLIES 12