BIOS Update for Deputy P40

10 REPLIES 10
hamid35
Trainee
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

BIOS Update for Deputy P40

Hello everyone

From the zip package 00_Bios_Crawler_E40_Deputy_P40.zip, I tried to upgrade the pc BIOS by installing the inf 1 by 1 with reboot between each (1.07.09RME2/1.07.05ME2), but the BIOS manager at boot via F2 remains in version 1.07.09RME1/1.07.05ME1). However, the firmware in the device manager (firmware line in the tree) is 1.07.09RME2.

I've already upgraded my BIOS (Dell/HP/Lenovo/Acer) and each time it's done after a complete reboot of the PC.

My question is: how can I update the BIOS at PC startup so that the BIOS is perfectly up to date, independently of Windows (via Insyde tool, for example)?

Thanks in advance

Version Windows pro 11 22H2 (22621.2283)

10 REPLIES 10
Major_ToM
Professor
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Hi @hamid35 ,

if the issue is still present I´d be interested in the 8-digit MSN (3003xxxx) number, which is printed on the backsite of the lower case of your laptop.

Please also describe step by step the way you took when executing the update so that we´re able to ivestigate potential errors.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
ANDYDENIS1979
New Voice
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Hi,

I recebtly purchased this laptop and would also like to know if there is a abios update for my machine please? MSN30035514 P40 DEFENDER MD62534

Current bios is version 1.07.01RME1_00016 build date is 01/17/2023 seems to be a bit old to me. Any help would be appreciated please.

Kind regards

Andy

daddle
Superuser
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

@ANDYDENIS1979 

There is nothing old or wrong with a one year old bios. Only if you experience faults or crashes or other disturbances, then a bios update would be of use.

So do you have problems with ypur PC? Please name them..

daddle

ANDYDENIS1979
New Voice
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

Hi Daddle,

Thankyou for your swift reply, I’ve just received my new laptop and want to make sure everything is upto date before I finalise my install as is good practice generally. No problems to report so far 👍 

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Hi @ANDYDENIS1979 ,

in this case I can offer you a current Bios version V1.07.09RME2/1.07.05ME2 , whcih can be downloaded via the MEDION service section 

This update provides some fan optimisation, but you should take into account, that for any errors, caused by the execution of this update, we (as a general disclaimer) don´ t accept any responsibility for damage or lost of data.

Please also read the installation instructions provided in the download details

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
ANDYDENIS1979
New Voice
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Hi Tom,

that’s very kind of you, and is much appreciated, I will read the instructions before hand of course. Thanks for your help with this issue. Amazing support! 

ANDYDENIS1979
New Voice
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

silly question but ive got into my own head and cant work out which is newer? i have control centre package v 6.009 installed is that older or newer than the one on the downloads section for the p40 defender that says version 6.0.4.2, mine on the laptop is older right? any help would be a prreciated

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Hi @ANDYDENIS1979 ,

I unfortunately have no sample in hand,but suppose the 6.0.4.2 to be the recent one. Don´t forget to uninstall the old CC version, bevor installing the new one.

Cheers

Major ToM
Another hint: To mention a community user so that they are notified when you reply, write an @ sign in front of their name (e.g. @Major_Tom)

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.

ANDYDENIS1979
New Voice
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Hi,

I hope this message is interpreted the right way and not as a complaint but an observation to better an already very good product. Very happy with my machine but frustrated a little by buying a unlocked sku cpu to not have any control over the cpu in the bios as we all know the 13th gen processors run hot and some manufactures over volt the cpu's by default as is heavily documented on youtube over the past couple of years. and again in the past week.

i am a system builder since early 2000's and love to make my machines as fast as possbile but effienciently as possible and cool and quiet. I would like to know why this machine that is built by a custom manufacturer doesnt have cpu control in the bios to allow for undervolting for obvious reasons considering this is an unlocked sku cpu?

Again not a complaint but i didnt for one minute expect not to have the option when buying this laptop to control the cpu in the bios when buying an unlocked intel cpu. gpu already undervolted and performing exceptionally well, this allows more thermal headroom to cool the cpu but unable to control cpu voltage as you should on an unlocked cpu to bring temps down. When will there be a bios update to solve this issue please? the reason i ask is due to testing is the temps get very high very quickly and then the cpu thermal throttles with excessive voltages applied to the cpu and i feel this shouldnt happen or be the case. With a little tuning this could be avoided and have a stable machine that doesnt thermal throttle and does hit its boosts without the performance hit of the advertised speeds. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated in helping to reduce this issue.

and my earlier question about the control centre that has me questioning myself is because on the pic attached, wierd or what? on task bar says its 6.009 update for download says 6.0.4.2 which sounds like an updated version; but when i come to install the package, see attached?

Screenshot 2024-03-13 201427.png

10 REPLIES 10