Did you mean: 

Additional case fan

5 REPLIES 5
Tanko
New Voice
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Additional case fan

I bought Silent Wings 4 120mm PWM high-speed as a extra fan.
I already have 2 Inwin case fans inside my ERAZER Engineer P10 (MD 34625). 

Playing games PC fans speed around 2100 -2200 and PC loud as 60dB and temperature 65-75 Celsius. I wanted add additional fan for intake air, as there is space and slot, to lower temperature and fans speed.
When I connected to second 4-pin SYS_FAN connector, the fan start to spin, but after 2 second stops, then again.
Even if computer fully loaded, it's dose the same, but original fans spinning 2000-2200rpm.
I wonder is it fault or not suitable for my motherboard?
Because I exchanged to new and it's does the same thing, probably this model not suitable.
Which case fan I can use to my PC?

Also, I notice, the PC fan increase the speed same as case fan, but processor may not be loaded. 

Can I control PC fan speed separately, lower for example, compare to case fans? 
Regards.

5 REPLIES 5
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Hello @Tanko and welcome

did you look in the bios?

are these settings there? : Advanced / PC Health Status. CPU Smart Fan function and System Smart Fan function?

Bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
Tanko
New Voice
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Hi,

yes, smart fan is on. New additional fan not visible as different unit, they all 3 under 1 name System fan, not separately. With same speed setting.

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hello @Tanko  

to find out whether it's the second sys fan connection or the new fan, swap the case fans and the new fan at connections 1 and 2-sys fan for one another.

is the behavior the same?

Bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
Tanko
New Voice
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

I did it before, original fans working in both system connectors, but new not, unfortunate.

Tanko
New Voice
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Solution, I bought another company fan. Unfortunately it's issue with Silent Wings 4 120mm be quit. I changed 2 fans, both didn't worked properly. So I both different brand and it works just fine. But it didn't solve main problem. GPU can become hot  as 90 C and loud as 60 dB. I using headphones to make noise less disturbing.

5 REPLIES 5