Smart Plug going offline every few weeks

SOLVED
12 REPLIES 12
Madcat
Trainee
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Smart Plug going offline every few weeks

I have 4 MEDION LIFE+ Smart Plug S85225 and have connected them to my home network and registered them with my Google Home. I have noticed that each device goes "offline" (in the Medion Life+ app it says Offline with an icon of a wifi symbol and an X) after a week or 2 of working fine (you can still manually turn them on or off, but they're no longer registering with the app). I then need to remove it from the Medion Life+ app and go through the whole registering a new device process every time. If it was just one device doing this, then I could assume it was faulty, but all 4 devices have now done this

Medion Life+ says I have the latest firmware

WiFi Module: 1.1.2

MCU Module: 1.1.2

12 REPLIES 12
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 11 of 13
Message 11 of 13

Hi @Madcat ,this is a good news

It pleased me to hear that it works now,
although we did not know the exact way to solve the problem.

If you are satisfied please mark your contribution as done.
bye fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
Madcat
Trainee
Message 12 of 13
Message 12 of 13

Thanks @Fishtown it's been stable since my last post and I was just monitoring (I hope I haven't just jinxed myself !! 🙂 )

Perhaps it was the act of leaving the smart plugs unplugged from power for > 24 hrs that did the trick...not sure

Madcat
Trainee
Message 13 of 13
Message 13 of 13

FYI I found that if there's a power outage and the 2.4 Ghz wireless LAN is disconnected, the plugs can have trouble re-connecting. The fix is to unplug / turn off power to the smart plug for 10 or so minutes (i usually leave them for 30 min) and then turn the power back on / plug them in. They should then re-connect to the wifi

12 REPLIES 12