12 RÉPONSES 12
Madcat
Trainee
Message 1 sur 13
18 552 Visites
Message 1 sur 13
18 552 Visites

Smart Plug going offline every few weeks

I have 4 MEDION LIFE+ Smart Plug S85225 and have connected them to my home network and registered them with my Google Home. I have noticed that each device goes "offline" (in the Medion Life+ app it says Offline with an icon of a wifi symbol and an X) after a week or 2 of working fine (you can still manually turn them on or off, but they're no longer registering with the app). I then need to remove it from the Medion Life+ app and go through the whole registering a new device process every time. If it was just one device doing this, then I could assume it was faulty, but all 4 devices have now done this

Medion Life+ says I have the latest firmware

WiFi Module: 1.1.2

MCU Module: 1.1.2

2 SOLUTIONS APPROUVÉES

Solutions acceptées
Madcat
Trainee
Message 12 sur 13
19 230 Visites
Message 12 sur 13
19 230 Visites

Thanks @Fishtown it's been stable since my last post and I was just monitoring (I hope I haven't just jinxed myself !! 🙂 )

Perhaps it was the act of leaving the smart plugs unplugged from power for > 24 hrs that did the trick...not sure

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

Madcat
Trainee
Message 13 sur 13
19 024 Visites
Message 13 sur 13
19 024 Visites

FYI I found that if there's a power outage and the 2.4 Ghz wireless LAN is disconnected, the plugs can have trouble re-connecting. The fix is to unplug / turn off power to the smart plug for 10 or so minutes (i usually leave them for 30 min) and then turn the power back on / plug them in. They should then re-connect to the wifi

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

12 RÉPONSES 12
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 sur 13
15 634 Visites
Message 2 sur 13
15 634 Visites

G‘DAY, @Madcat and welcome

do all of them have this problem at the same time or each device individually at different time intervals to each other?

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
TPFLegionaire
Retired
Message 3 sur 13
15 631 Visites
Message 3 sur 13
15 631 Visites

hello @Madcat 

welcome to the forums.

I am aware of some connectivity issues from previous threads, most of whom seem to have been resolved with the latest firmware updates...However, as you mentioned that you have the latest firmware on your plugs  we will need to look beyond.

I am going to sugest a few things and verify some settings, if you have tried some of them already  please skip.

- Medion life app works on android version 4.1 and above, the app is at version 1.1.14 , please check you have  the latest version.

- Uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

- Factory reset of the plugs
         Restore factory settings
           − Select the adaptor in the device list.
           − Click the button to open the settings menu for theadaptor.
           − Click Reset and confirm your input with Confirm in the pop-up message.
           When the factory settings have been restored, the status LED will blink. The adaptor has now been
           reset and is ready to be connected to a network again.   

Whilst we would endehavor to have our Medion Life app to work flawlwessly with our products, some reviewer mentioned using another app to control the plugs (Tuya smart app). We can't obviously support third party app but in the spirit of getting things to work , all options can be discussed.

If you are still experiencing issues , please let me know, we will consider further options. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

MEDION AG - A Lenovo Company • • Community: community.medion.com

Please reward helpful posts with Kudos and mark solutions with Accept as solution.

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 4 sur 13
15 626 Visites
Message 4 sur 13
15 626 Visites

hello @TPFLegionaire 

you have written

Medion life app works on android version 4.1

But in the manual is:

Smartphone/Tablet with at least iOS 8.0 or Android 5.0• WLAN-enabled router (2.4 GHz)

@Madcat

what else can help. the clock / date from the smartphone / tablet should be synchronous with the internet time. please set the smartphone like this. that has helped in other app's with wlan/cloud server problems already.

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
Madcat
Trainee
Message 5 sur 13
15 621 Visites
Message 5 sur 13
15 621 Visites

Thank you @Fishtown !

Normally it's just one of the plugs (not sure exactly when they go offline, just when Google Home advises that a plus is not responding), but last night I noticed all 4 were offline and I had to remove & re-connect all. The only thing that happened recently was a heater serviceman turned off the mains power to do a repair and after that I noticed they were offline

Also yes, my mobile is set to "Automatic date & time - use network-provided time"

Madcat
Trainee
Message 6 sur 13
15 614 Visites
Message 6 sur 13
15 614 Visites

Hi @TPFLegionaire, thanks for replying !

a) my apps are set to automatically update and I have checked and have 1.1.14

b) I have now uninstalled & reinstalled Medion Life

c) I have now factory reset all the smart plugs

Before I try Tuya, I'll give this a week or two and see if it's fixed the issue

Thanks for the suggestions & I'll keep you posted !

Madcat
Trainee
Message 7 sur 13
15 575 Visites
Message 7 sur 13
15 575 Visites

Ok, now all plugs are "offline" unless I switch my phone to my 2.4GHz network (previously I didn't have to). Now the Medion Life app can see them but Google cannot.

I removed one of the smart plugs from the Medion Life app by clicking reset and now I cannot get it connected to the app. I hold the power button until it starts flashing then start the search in the app. The app turns it off and then on again but it doesn't find the plug and reaches 100% without finding it.

Very frustrating 

PS I also tried the Tuya app, but the same result

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 8 sur 13
15 573 Visites
Message 8 sur 13
15 573 Visites

Hi @Madcat 

Info:

Connect your smartphone/mobile device to the same WLAN network that you want to connect the adaptor to

The adaptor works only a 2,4 Ghz network

what can you do now!

provided your smartphone has Wi-Fi and is on the internet

Reboot (On Off) your Router

delete (with cache) and reinstall the Medion Life App

reinstall everything according to instructions
it does not work? call monday the service/support
bye Fishtown
Madcat
Trainee
Message 9 sur 13
15 569 Visites
Message 9 sur 13
15 569 Visites

Thanks @Fishtown , I will try your suggestions

Madcat
Trainee
Message 10 sur 13
15 535 Visites
Message 10 sur 13
15 535 Visites

After flushing the cache, cleaning data and then uninstalling and re-installing, I managed to get one of the 4 plugs registered with the app, but the others remained stubborn and didn't want to be found. I eventually gave up, unplugged them and went to bed.

After coming back ~24 hrs later, I attempted to add the remaining 3 plugs and all 3 registered straight away, so now all 4 are back online.

I wonder if leaving them unplugged somehow reset / refreshed the plugs ??

12 RÉPONSES 12