Medion tv 50”

SOLVED
9 REPLIES 9
Tonyc
Newcomer
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Medion tv 50”

my tv has started to close itself down and restart again, at first 1 or 2 times a day, but today it just keep closing down and starting again every 60 seconds. Any ideas. 
been on hold to speak to Medion customer service for 40 mins so far. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mervyncp
Newcomer
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

This is the body of an email I received today from Medion Support covering this issue.  I followed the instructions and it's worked, but there is no access to the internet until they have a firmware fix.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Mervyn

"Thank you for contacting us.

We apologies for the inconvenience this has caused, we are aware of the current issue with the TV.
Please can you disable the Wi-fi in your network settings on the TV, please go to the settings menu and disconnect all Wi-Fi/internet connections. Once this has been done, please perform a first time installation skipping the Wi-Fi/internet connection step and leaving it disconnected.
If you are unable to turn the TV on or it does not stay on long enough to access the menu screen, please turn off your Wi-Fi/internet router and the unplug the TV, and once the WIFI is off please turn the TV back on and proceed with the first time installation step above. Once completed ensure the TV is not connected to the Wi-Fi/internet and turn your router back on.

We are expecting to receive an update soon

Again, please accept our apologies and we appreciate your patience and understanding

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
RebekahR
Trainee
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Same has happened to me today I've posted a thread about it in the video section of the forum (sorry not sure how exactly I link to the thread) and another member - Popcorn - who has a help ticket in is going to provide an update there

rainbow
New Voice
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Same here this just started to happen today - I've only had the TV for 2 weeks

Still on hold to customer services

RebekahR
Trainee
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Seems to be an auto update error that is causing the TV to reboot when connected to the Internet. If you can manage to have the TV stay on long enough to get to the settings and turn the Internet off it will then stay on, If you are connected by ethernet cable you can take it out and then when it turns itself back on you can change the settings or turn your router off if on WiFi and then in the settings although neither of these things will help if you only have access to watch things over the Internet

RebekahR
Trainee
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Medion 58" TV (X15536 / MD 31436) Internet Issue

This is the post I was on about, its a firmware issue 

@RebekahR wrote:

Seems to be an auto update error that is causing the TV to reboot when connected to the Internet. If you can manage to have the TV stay on long enough to get to the settings and turn the Internet off it will then stay on, If you are connected by ethernet cable you can take it out and then when it turns itself back on you can change the settings or turn your router off if on WiFi and then in the settings although neither of these things will help if you only have access to watch things over the Internet

Ion

Ianthetrog
Beginner
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Have the same problem. Also got cut off when trying to phone. I emailed and got a response. It's apparently something to do with wi-fi router interfering.

Gave me the following instructions:

Please follow the steps below.

-Power down TV and remove Plug
-Power down your WI-Fi Home hub
-Power TV back on
-Go to Installation
-Select First Time installation
-Complete set up but set Wi-fi to disabled
-Turn you home hub Wi-fi Back on

We should have more information later today and we will be able to advise when the update will be released.

This seems to have worked, so far, have had TV on for several hours now, but only using aerial. Have yet to reconnect Virgin box and peripherals.

They seem to be saying they know if the problem and are working on an update.

Why this has just started is anybody's guess. I have had TV for 18 months and this has only just started happening.

mervyncp
Newcomer
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

This is the body of an email I received today from Medion Support covering this issue.  I followed the instructions and it's worked, but there is no access to the internet until they have a firmware fix.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Mervyn

"Thank you for contacting us.

We apologies for the inconvenience this has caused, we are aware of the current issue with the TV.
Please can you disable the Wi-fi in your network settings on the TV, please go to the settings menu and disconnect all Wi-Fi/internet connections. Once this has been done, please perform a first time installation skipping the Wi-Fi/internet connection step and leaving it disconnected.
If you are unable to turn the TV on or it does not stay on long enough to access the menu screen, please turn off your Wi-Fi/internet router and the unplug the TV, and once the WIFI is off please turn the TV back on and proceed with the first time installation step above. Once completed ensure the TV is not connected to the Wi-Fi/internet and turn your router back on.

We are expecting to receive an update soon

Again, please accept our apologies and we appreciate your patience and understanding

Littlejohn
Beginner
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

What a fantastic coincidence and so helpful. I only joined Medion Community this afternoon because of my 50inch smart TV switching on and off being only 17 months old.  Your information is great to learn and I would pleased to hear any updates that Medion may send you in the future. Prior to seeing your post I saw one posted by Rebekah  R giving advice, and on that basis I simply removed the modem ethernet lead to the TV and switched on again and it's been working fine for the last couple of hours.  I have a Sky box and that is working fine, the modem is a BT version.  Being elderly I only use Sky and the normal TV aerial but  I assume by removing the ethernet lead I can no longer, if I wished, receive Netflix etc. Again thanks so much for your help.

Littlejohn.

Bunnie
Beginner
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

hi, newby here. I requested a call back from Medion but no reply as yet. I have a problem with my tv that will eventually turn on, but only for 2 minutes then switches itself off. It was long enough for me to get into the menu. Problem is, all this advice is for TV's that are connected to the internet. I have not got a smart TV, so no internet involved. I have just acquired a HDMI cable as someone suggested I might be able to get it turned on long enough to perhaps do a software update. I am not real clever, so if someone could help I'd be very appreciated.

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Hi @Bunnie  and sry for the late reply.Just wanted to ask, if your prob could be fixed inbetween, or if you´re in need of further assistance?

Another tip: To mention a community user in a way that he will be notified when you reply, write an @ sign in front of the respective name (e.g. @Major_Tom).

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
9 REPLIES 9