4 RÉPONSES 4
whatsupskip
Beginner
Message 1 sur 5
9 413 Visites
Message 1 sur 5
9 413 Visites

Medion Life+ Smart Plug S85225 WiFi API or control via Node Red

I purchased one of the Medion Life+ Smart Plug S85225 WiFi devices. I know it can be controlled via the app and there is the facility to control via Google Assistant and Alexa. I was wondering if there is an API or documentation so that it can be controlled via Node Red.

Balises (5)
4 RÉPONSES 4
tony_in_oz
Beginner
Message 2 sur 5
8 953 Visites
Message 2 sur 5
8 953 Visites

Purchased one from Aldi because I'm curious how I can use these with my existing home automation system. Found the device on my network, but it is using an IRC port! NOW I AM WORRIED, What is this device doing? What is it listening to? Who is it reporting to? What is it relaying? *** UNPLUGGED DEVICE *** It appears to be a ESP8266 device going by the name associated to it (ESP_4Cxxxx which is the tail of MAC address). I haven't opened it so can't confirm. But using a ESP8266 wouldn't be a surprise. I like other don't use Google home or Alexia. I use Domoticz which is MQTT compatible. So I'm keen to load another ESP firmware so I can use it in an offline network. AND I really don't like my devices talking IRC onto the Internet. Security risks 101 Tony
whatsupskip
Beginner
Message 3 sur 5
8 940 Visites
Message 3 sur 5
8 940 Visites

Some have made some progress with these on Ozbargain, including someone opening one up.

It is an ESP8265. It uses the Tuya Smart system and there appears to be a possibility to interact with these locally using some basic commands. I haven't had time to look into this any further.

tony_in_oz
Beginner
Message 4 sur 5
8 901 Visites
Message 4 sur 5
8 901 Visites

Had a look inside. It uses a BL0937 current sensing chip measured across a 0.001 ohm resistor. To-date I've been using Sonoff POW modules using ESPurna firmware. The POW uses the HWL8012 chip. Both chips appear to have the same pin-out and similar internals, with a comment on the Espressif site suggesting they maybe software compatible. So it might be that a std POW firmware would work, but can't find GPIO0. Is it always held low or what? Worth a try?
whatsupskip
Beginner
Message 5 sur 5
8 433 Visites
Message 5 sur 5
8 433 Visites

Did you have a look at the Ozbargain section?

They seem to have most things working now.

4 RÉPONSES 4