17 ANTWORTEN 17
peterfi136
Newcomer
Nachricht 1 von 18
11.489 Aufrufe
Nachricht 1 von 18
11.489 Aufrufe

MEDION LIFE+ Smart Plug S85225 randomly shuts off

I bought a Medion LIFE+ Smart Plud S85225  last Saturday and if has randomly shut off twice while I had my desktop computer plugged into it  .. once after about 6 hours and a second time after only an hour.

I don't have any Timer or Scheduling set in the app.

I can't trust it so it will be going back to Aldi today.

17 ANTWORTEN 17
MrJamesMoore
New Voice
Nachricht 2 von 18
8.165 Aufrufe
Nachricht 2 von 18
8.165 Aufrufe

I have a similar problem. I brought 4 smart plugs and connected them to lamps. They work well however they randomly turn on. I wake up in the morning and 1 or more of my lights are on??

Anyone know how this can be resolved?

James

maz
Beginner
Nachricht 3 von 18
8.151 Aufrufe
Nachricht 3 von 18
8.151 Aufrufe

I've had a similar experience.

Bought 4, have not set up any schedules and was rudely awoken by a bedside lamp switching on at 2 am, 2 nights in a row. Also, came home yesterday to find this lamp had switched itself on by itself. Not really saving much power here...

The 2nd bedside lamp appears to be fine. No rude awakenings there.

The third one I attached to a lamp in my living room and it decided to switch itself off after being on for about 3-4 hours last night. It was fine the night before.

Am yet to try the 4th plug.

Found they give off a not-so-great high-frequency noise too.

May not bother and am thinking about returning the lot as since using these plugs, my whole set-up seems to have de-stabilised.

My Google home keeps getting booted off the network as does my TV but, it could be that I'm just at capacity for my old-school modem.

MrJamesMoore
New Voice
Nachricht 4 von 18
8.103 Aufrufe
Nachricht 4 von 18
8.103 Aufrufe

I've emailed Medion so maybe they will suggest a fix.

The app says it works with IFTTT. I thought I'd set up a applet so when the lights come on I'd be notified. But alas I can not find Medion in the IFTTT list of services. Another let down 😞

James

Yarah
New Voice
Nachricht 5 von 18
8.017 Aufrufe
Nachricht 5 von 18
8.017 Aufrufe

I’m having the same issue. So just putting myself in the loop
sean_pt
Beginner
Nachricht 6 von 18
7.957 Aufrufe
Nachricht 6 von 18
7.957 Aufrufe

Yes, same problem. The plugs are randomly turning on. Really frustrating for bedside lamps as it seems to always happen when we are asleep!!

Question is whether to return to Aldi or wait for a possible firmware update that resolves this. Anyone heard anything from Medion??

MrJamesMoore
New Voice
Nachricht 7 von 18
7.893 Aufrufe
Nachricht 7 von 18
7.893 Aufrufe

I've emailed Medion at two different addresses; haven't heard anything.

Their support is pretty awful.

James

Mikey
Newcomer
Nachricht 8 von 18
7.854 Aufrufe
Nachricht 8 von 18
7.854 Aufrufe

Same problem, mine turn off randomly. I even put one after a UPS just "in case" the power was dirty. Tried two different WiFi networks I have at home, and they still randomly turn off. Somtimes after 2 days, sometimes after a few minutes. Oh well, time to return to Aldi I think.

MrJamesMoore
New Voice
Nachricht 9 von 18
7.826 Aufrufe
Nachricht 9 von 18
7.826 Aufrufe

I just called Medion and lodged a support enquiry. Suggest you guys call as well so they know it's just not an isolated incident.

Call 1300 884 987 then press 1. I spoke to Jenny and after I explained the problem (randomly turns on) she said they will need to escalate the issue to their tech support team. To do that they needed the Vitrual ID from one of my smart plgus. This can be obtained via the app under (under Device Info).

James

Tags (3)
lojikl
Newcomer
Nachricht 10 von 18
7.754 Aufrufe
Nachricht 10 von 18
7.754 Aufrufe

Great advice MrJamesMoore , I have also done the same.

I think Jenny is getting lots of calls today :).

17 ANTWORTEN 17