Charging Medion MD19700 vacuum

4 REPLIES 4
Francisca
Beginner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Charging Medion MD19700 vacuum

Hi there! 

According to the manual, the light on the Medion MD19700 should blink blue while charging. When I put mine on the charging station, it blinks (slowly) red. Does this mean it's not charging properly? 

Thanks so much! 

4 REPLIES 4
Francisca
Beginner
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

And now, after about 10 minutes, I heard a beeping sound and the light turned blue (no blinking anymore). I think this is a charing issue? If anyone knows what's going wrong here, please let me know. 🙂 

daddle
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hello @Francisca 

Do you switch the cleaner off while charging? Then the LED blinks red.  Read in the manual:

 Connect the power pack to the power pack connection of the charging station. Place the robot vacuum on the charging station so that the charging contacts are on top of each other.
 Connect the mains plug to the socket.
Set the on/off switch to position I (On)  to switch on the device.
The device is charging, the power indicator slowly flashes blue.
If the on/off switch is in the 0 position, charging is not possible and the power indicator flashes red quickly.
As soon as the battery pack is fully charged, the operating indicator lights up blue continuously and 5
beeps emitted.
The battery block should be recharged at the latest when the operating light is in the standby mode.

Cheers, daddle

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hello @Francisca and welcome

you write that it slowly flashes red instead of slowly blue,

maybe the instructions are wrong!

Here a woman writes in the customer review (first post) that it lights up red when charging.

https://www.otto.de/p/medion-saugroboter-mit-mittelbuerste-md-19700-6-reinigungsmodi-17-watt-optimie...

Hi @Andi (presenter/moderator) is there a possibility to check this?

bye Fishtown

edit: If it has been cleaning for a while and you reload now, does it do it again?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
Francisca
Beginner
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Thanks so much for both of your replies! I think it might be true that the instructions are wrong. It does flash slowly, and after a while I get a few beeps and it turns blue - I think that means it's done charging. 

Would definitely be good to check! 😊

4 REPLIES 4