Did you mean: 

Windows 10 version 1511 no more supprted. [ MEDION AKOYA X5344 G ]

3 REPLIES 3
User5344
New Voice
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Windows 10 version 1511 no more supprted. [ MEDION AKOYA X5344 G ]

Hi, i have a gaming Medion PC bought at the end of 2016 in Switzerland. The problem is that after having tried to update Windows 10, it looked differently than what looks Windows 10 on my laptop, So, anyways after a restore using PowerRecover i have downloaded from AMD the new driver installer for my Radeon RX 480 GPU, but when i launched the installer, it told me that my system is not supported. So, i started to search on internet and found out that the problem could be that i'm running an old version of Windows 10, so i executed winver and my version of Win10 is 1511, and read something that this version is not supported since the end of 2017! So, what i have to do now? Thank's!

3 REPLIES 3
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Hi @User5344 

It shouldn't be to difficult.

1. Go into Settings Windows Update and check activly for Updates. Mabe this doesn't work anymore.

2. Google for the Microsoft Win 10 Iso page

Download the MediaCreationTool, get a min 8 GB USB Stick and create a Win 10 Installation USB Stick. Mark the Checkbox "For another PC"

In your old  booted Windows start thé setup.exe from the stick, and keep a good internetconnection

Then it should start the Update to the newest Win Version 21/H1.

If this does not work, you have to do a complete clean installation: for this you have boot from the USB stick.

Cheers, daddle

User5344
New Voice
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I just downloaded the Windows Upgrade Assistant, which is a much easier and faster way to solve this problem.

daddle
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

@User5344 

Yes, this works as well. But it isn't faster. How do you know? And why do you ask here at all?

Preparing the Stick takes about 20 to 35 minutes, depending on your actual download speed, and your equipment.

Then you start the setup.exe in Windows, it takes some time again for additional necessary downloads, Then the stick does the Upgrade .

In total it's still faster then letting the upgrade assistant do the job. 

But tell me how do you know the assistant does it faster? Did you compare both ways?

I just did it yesterday both ways on the office-PC of my wife, because she had a problem with the ssd. So we only had a quite old image with an old Windows version and a small SSD spare to restore the installation.

After flashing the old image to the spare SSD the upgrade run started. First I utilized the MCT stick.

I had to redo it for a second time, because we swapped the SSD again for a bigger one (thanks to  'Ama...  Prime'  for a fast delivery).

This time I made use of the Upgrade Assistant. I took the chance to compare MCT Stick versus Upgrade Assistance. (for safety I of course had made a new image from the first upgrade session before).

The upgrade with the MCT stick made it roundabout three quarters of an hour ahead. (Stick preparation time included)

You can do it even a bit more faster with the prepared MCT Stick, if you do the upgrade offline, without Internet connection. The Upgrade goes very fast and safe without disturbance or hassle by a possible bad Internet connection or waiting time for the Microsoft server. Off course afterwards some more downloads must be done for missing drivers, especially for the graphic adapter drivers and sound. In summary it safes  again some more minutes.

And there is another advantage for the stick. It has a "Windows Rescue" included, which can become very handy. Because the installed Windows RE on the disk often is not functional, if you have problems with the disk or PC start up.

daddle

3 REPLIES 3