4 ANTWOORDEN 4
jamie798
Beginner
Bericht 1 van 5
3.130 Weergaven
Bericht 1 van 5
3.130 Weergaven

WLAN on PC Medion Akoya P5359 H does not work

I have a PC Medion Akoya P5359 H with a mainboard H110H4-CM2. I used it for several years with an Ethernet Connection. Now, when I tried to switch to WLAN I could not establish a connection. In the network settings I do not find a WLAN adapter. However, when I check the config from when I bought the Workstation in 2016, it says that it has a built-in WLAN adapter: https://www.digitec.ch/de/s1/product/medion-akoya-p5359-h-intel-core-i7-6700-16gb-256gb-ssd-2tb-hdd-... . When I open the Workstation, I can not see a WLAN adapter. Maybe it is integrated in the Mainboard. However, not sure how I can figure out if it really has a built-in WLAN adapter. Anyone has an idea what to do? I could also buy a WLAN PCI Card and plug it in. However, if there is really a built-in WLAN, this would not be the best solution.

4 ANTWOORDEN 4
daddle
Superuser
Bericht 2 van 5
3.125 Weergaven
Bericht 2 van 5
3.125 Weergaven

@jamie798 

Your PC works with an internal Wlan-Dongle by Edimax (802.11 b/g/n Mini Wireless LAN USB Stick (internal), with Realtek Chip) which is situated behind the front cover.

To check if all cables are connected properly you can open the sidewall of the cabinet and check the front from inside, win which way the front-cover is fastened. Mostly there are plastic snappers, which hold the front cover. They are a bit tricky to disengage, because the plastic is very stiff. Also check if there are hidden screws.

But first check in device-manager for hidden not active parts. Your internal usb-dongle should be listed there under network adapters. From there on you can reinstall the Wlan  (Edimax or Realtek) driver  from your Driver folder in D:\ or E:\.

bye, daddle

jamie798
Beginner
Bericht 3 van 5
3.016 Weergaven
Bericht 3 van 5
3.016 Weergaven

Hi, sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately it did not work. I followed your instructions and disassembled the PC in order to find the internal Wlan-Dongle, but I could not find it. Also I did not find the usb-dongle in device manager. As an alternative solution I ordered a WLAN adapter TP-LINK Archer T4E (PCI Express 3.0) and installed it, together with the required driver. I saw the adapter in the device manager, but could not establish a connection with the WLAN. Not sure if there was a compatibility issue with the PCI Express 3.0. I think about ordering a USB WLAN adapter, which should maybe be easier to connect...?!

daddle
Superuser
Bericht 4 van 5
2.979 Weergaven
Bericht 4 van 5
2.979 Weergaven

@jamie798 

Yes you should try this. An USB- WiFi adapter normally works flawlessly, and are easy, to configure..

daddle

jamie798
Beginner
Bericht 5 van 5
2.972 Weergaven
Bericht 5 van 5
2.972 Weergaven

Thanks, will do!

4 ANTWOORDEN 4