5 ANTWOORDEN 5
JHNK
Beginner
Bericht 1 van 6
1.819 Weergaven
Bericht 1 van 6
1.819 Weergaven

Touchpad is sloppy and not sharp

I bought a Medion Erazer Defender P15 (april 2022) with windows 11 from MediaMark.

Windows support told me to contact the manufacturer, so here I am. https://answers.microsoft.com/nl-nl/windows/forum/windows_11-hardware/touchpad-is-sloppy-and-not-sha...

The problem is that the touchpad is not sharp enough like my mouse that I connected. It is like the cursor is on ice when I use the touchpad.

I have tried all settings available and nothing works, not the cursorspeed, not the sensitivity (under 'tikken').

Windows support said that is sounds like a touchpad-stuurprogramma is missing, but it all seems to be up to date, no updates available.

Is someone having this same issue? How can I fix this?

5 ANTWOORDEN 5
Major_ToM
Professor
Bericht 2 van 6
1.803 Weergaven
Bericht 2 van 6
1.803 Weergaven

Hi @JHNK  and sorry for the late rteply.
May I ask you, if this problem with the touchpad is still present? In this case it would be interesting to know, if you have experiencing it from the beginning, or did you do some updates, which led to this "unfortunate" result.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
JHNK
Beginner
Bericht 3 van 6
1.795 Weergaven
Bericht 3 van 6
1.795 Weergaven

Hi Major ToM,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, the problem is still present. The problem as indeed been present from the beginning. I only have had the "Medion Erazer Defender P15" since April 2022.

Greetings,

JHN

Major_ToM
Professor
Bericht 4 van 6
1.789 Weergaven
Bericht 4 van 6
1.789 Weergaven

Alright @JHNK ,

first of all you should ensure that all available Windows Updates have been installed. Also let us know, the 8-digit MSN number (3003xxxx) of your ERAZER Defender P15, which is placed on the lower side aof the housing.
Moreover check your Bios version, which is shown on the main page of your Bios. Should be similar to 1.07.05RME1

Further tip: To mention a community user in such a way that he or she is notified when you reply, write an @ sign in front of the respective name.(z.B. @Major_Tom)

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
JHNK
Beginner
Bericht 5 van 6
1.780 Weergaven
Bericht 5 van 6
1.780 Weergaven

Hello @Major_ToM 

Thank you for your reply. Here is the information:

Windows Update ensures me that indeed all available updates have been installed.

The 8-digit MSN number of my ERAZER Defender P15 is: 30031894

My Bios version is: 1.07.01RME1_00012

The problem is still present by the way.

Cheers,

JHN

Major_ToM
Professor
Bericht 6 van 6
1.770 Weergaven
Bericht 6 van 6
1.770 Weergaven

Hi @JHNK ,

we checked our ressources and can provide a new BIOS version 1.07.05.RME1, which is downloadable at this link.

+++Installation instructions+++
1.One option to install this update, is to start the FlashWinX64.bat file in Windows environment after unzipping the downloaded file 00_bios_clv_NHxxEPY-M.zip
2.Start the batch file by rightclicking it and choose the optrion, to start as administrarot from the appearing context menue

Note: Please make sure that you have closed all programs (especially applications that are active in the background) before executing the update process. Never switch off the PC during a BIOS update!

Important!
Medion AG accepts no liability whatsoever for any data loss or hardware or software errors that occur as a result of the update. The customer acknowledges this when performing the update.

If there are any questions occuring about the update you can feel free to ask them.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.

5 ANTWOORDEN 5