Did you mean: 

SSD not recognised

3 REPLIES 3
mikeymike
Beginner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

SSD not recognised

I have a new Crucial MX500 ssd which is a clone of my C: drive - I cannot get my AKOYA E4355 MD8341 to recognise it

If I remove the SATA cable from the WD hard drive on C: and replace it on the SSD, it says it cant detect a boot device

If it attach it to any other SATA cable, it simply is not recognised

If i attach it with the SATA/USB cable used for cloning, Acronis recognises it as a copy of the WD drive, but it doesn't show up in windows as a USB device

If i attach it with the SATA/USB cable to a different laptop, it does appear as a USB device and i can see all the folders i would expect to see on my C:drive - any ideas, otherwise i've got an expensive ssd drive I can't use

3 REPLIES 3
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

@mikeymike 

My first guess is your clone of  drive C: the new Crucial volume is faulty.

How big is your C: drive on the HDD?

If you connect the SSD Clone-Drive internally as a second drive, does it show up in WIndows disk management?

Second, why do you clone with a USB Adapter? I know it should work, but more safe would be to clone again, the new SSD connected inside your PC with a second SATA cable.

Make use of AOMEI Backupper or Macrium Reflect free, they may be ore trustworthy.

Regards, daddle

1. How do 

mikeymike
Beginner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Daddle

"If you connect the SSD Clone-Drive internally as a second drive, does it show up in WIndows disk management?" --  Nope - that's using three different sata ports and three different cables, all of which are known to be good

"Second, why do you clone with a USB Adapter?"  (a) you get a free Acronis licence with crucial (b) it's always worked for me in the past (c) none of the sata conections are working

daddle
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

@mikeymike 

Look, to be persistent about your own findings does not help you. Your Clone does not function. I can't say why, sitting miles away from your PC.

Just redo it the way I suggest, or leave it. As you like.

3 REPLIES 3