Did you mean: 

Medion P2150 D, Motherboard died suddenly

2 REPLIES 2
bch123
Beginner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Medion P2150 D, Motherboard died suddenly

Hey members, after having used my computer P2150 D, since september, I upgraded it with a MSI Geforce GTX1050 Gaming x 2G, after 8 days it suddely refused to start.

No light in Keyboard, no Beep Sound, nothing. 

I took the Geforce out and used build in internal Intel Grafics card, no change.

When I took the 8gb ram out, the computer came up with 3 short beeps, according to ECS, it should mean " no ram detected ". Tried ram slot 2, no change.

Took the 238 GB SSD ram out, no change, I had to buy a Startech M.2 sata external SSD Enclosure, so I could be able to get my data.

I tried to Clear Cmos, no change.

I tried an other Medion Power Supply, no change. you can switch the Computer on/off with the build in Switch on top of the Cabinet.

I measured the different Voltages on the 24 pol motherboard connector, It seems like they are a little high, maybe because there is no normal load from the motherboard.

After 30-40 seconds the power goes down and then up again.

Any tip would be appreciated.

Regards Bjarne

2 REPLIES 2
Bodgekin
Mentor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Hi @bch123

It does sound like a defective motherboard to me, but the only thing that I find strange (if I understood your post correctly), is that the PC does nothing at all (no power-led either?), but it does turn on and give the correct POST error when you remove the RAM. Have you tried a different module just to be sure? 

Kind regards,
Bart
bch123
Beginner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

hi Bart, I  guess my explanation was not quite correct, because the power led is working, and as you suggested next step will be to test with an other ram module.

an other thing is, that the north bridge is heating a little up, I dont now if that is normal?.

When you switch power on ( with ram module/ or without Ram module ) the cpu fan lowers the speed after 25 seconds.

According to Medion a new motherboard will cost 300 Euro, so I guess must find an other motherboard, if it's not the ram module, time will show.

kind regards

Bjarne

2 REPLIES 2