Colas
Beginner
Nachricht 1 von 4
5.156 Aufrufe
Nachricht 1 von 4
5.156 Aufrufe

Medion Erazer X10 - MD35071 - Black screen and automatic power on

Hi,

I have bought a Medion Erazer X10 - MD35071 a few weeks ago. It was working fine but since yesterday it powers on automatically when I switch on the plug where it is connected and it only shows a black screen. I have tried to access the BIOS with all the possible key combinations but it does not show anything. It does not even show the Medion logo. I don't know if it is booting or just stuck in the BIOS. The only way to power it off again is to cut the power completely. I have also tried different monitors, keyboards.... but nothing has worked. 

Regards,

Ángel

1 AKZEPTIERTE LÖSUNG

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Colas
Beginner
Nachricht 3 von 4
5.151 Aufrufe
Nachricht 3 von 4
5.151 Aufrufe

Hi @Gehringer 

the LEDs are all on, fans are working and I can hear the HDD that I installed spin. To me it look like either the 3070 GPU is not working, if I unplug/plug the video cable the monitor notices it but it does not get any signal and goes back to sleep, or the system is stuck in using the internal GPU which does not exists or has no connector. I have seen a similar post here in the Medion community but there was no solution.

Strange, I wanted to try the interruption of the boot process and when I now switched it on it worked. I don't know if the times that I did remove the power yesterday fixed it. I will keep observing it.

Regards,

Ángel

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

3 ANTWORTEN 3
Gehringer
Retired
Nachricht 2 von 4
5.155 Aufrufe
Nachricht 2 von 4
5.155 Aufrufe

Hi @Colas ,

does the unit display any sign of life?

Try to abruptly interrupt the booting 3 times by switching the unit off as soon as it starts to boot.

See if it will go to the auto-repair or repair tool screen automatically.

If not, then your unit may need to be assessed by a technician.

Regards,

Gehringer

Colas
Beginner
Nachricht 3 von 4
5.152 Aufrufe
Nachricht 3 von 4
5.152 Aufrufe

Hi @Gehringer 

the LEDs are all on, fans are working and I can hear the HDD that I installed spin. To me it look like either the 3070 GPU is not working, if I unplug/plug the video cable the monitor notices it but it does not get any signal and goes back to sleep, or the system is stuck in using the internal GPU which does not exists or has no connector. I have seen a similar post here in the Medion community but there was no solution.

Strange, I wanted to try the interruption of the boot process and when I now switched it on it worked. I don't know if the times that I did remove the power yesterday fixed it. I will keep observing it.

Regards,

Ángel

daddle
Superuser
Nachricht 4 von 4
5.140 Aufrufe
Nachricht 4 von 4
5.140 Aufrufe

@Colas 

What you accidentally did by disconnrecting from voltage source is this:

--> 

https://community.medion.com/t5/FAQs/What-can-I-do-if-my-device-stops-responding-or-hangs/ta-p/80658

(Residual current discharge -- PSU Reset)

Cheers, daddle

3 ANTWORTEN 3