atce
New Voice
Nachricht 1 von 6
3.334 Aufrufe
Nachricht 1 von 6
3.334 Aufrufe

Medion E23401 display fault

Hi,
Had my E23401 pc for just over a year with no problems. A few days ago the display often became virtually unreadable with lines appearing. The fault is intermittent but I managed to take photos of the problem. Hoping someone may have seen this before and might be able to give me an idea of what might have started to fail.
IMG_20210106_122137.jpgIMG_20210106_122250.jpgTIA

1 AKZEPTIERTE LÖSUNG

Akzeptierte Lösungen
atce
New Voice
Nachricht 5 von 6
3.182 Aufrufe
Nachricht 5 von 6
3.182 Aufrufe

Hi@Gehringer 

Spoke to Medion support and went through their fault checking procedure which reset the pc to factory settings.
The fault appeared part way through the recovery process and after installing the latest windows updates the fault is still present.

I am now arranging for Medion to collect it for repair under warranty.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

5 ANTWORTEN 5
Gehringer
Retired
Nachricht 2 von 6
3.212 Aufrufe
Nachricht 2 von 6
3.212 Aufrufe

Hi @atce and welcome to the forum!

It looks like you are having some issue with your graphic card or graphic drivers.

I would advise you to make sure your windows is updated to the latest version and then updating graphic drivers using the device manager tool.

If it does not solve the issue, then maybe it was caused by an update malfunction so you could back up your data and reset your unit to the factory settings.

Regards,

Gehringer

atce
New Voice
Nachricht 3 von 6
3.205 Aufrufe
Nachricht 3 von 6
3.205 Aufrufe

Hi @Gehringer 

Many thanks for your reply.

I have been using the pc all day today and so far it has been working fine. I checked the graphics card driver as you suggested and it says it's the latest version.

Bit reluctant to do a factory reset just yet as I'm somewhat suspicious as to why the fault only happens occasionally. In my limited experience this tends to point towards a hardware (motherboard?) rather than software fault but I am happy to be corrected on this.

As the pc has a 3 year warranty I'm tempted to send it back for repair if the problem gets any worse.

Gehringer
Retired
Nachricht 4 von 6
3.200 Aufrufe
Nachricht 4 von 6
3.200 Aufrufe

Hi @atce ,

please make sure Windows is updated as well even if you receive the reply saying the most recent version of the driver is already installed.

Please feel free to contact your local technical support team in case you need further assistance.

Regards,

Gehringer

atce
New Voice
Nachricht 5 von 6
3.183 Aufrufe
Nachricht 5 von 6
3.183 Aufrufe

Hi@Gehringer 

Spoke to Medion support and went through their fault checking procedure which reset the pc to factory settings.
The fault appeared part way through the recovery process and after installing the latest windows updates the fault is still present.

I am now arranging for Medion to collect it for repair under warranty.

Gehringer
Retired
Nachricht 6 von 6
3.134 Aufrufe
Nachricht 6 von 6
3.134 Aufrufe

Hi @atce ,

that is great news.

Regards,

Gehringer

5 ANTWORTEN 5