Medion Akoya P66089 upgrade capabilities

SOLVED
2 REPLIES 2
mexax
New Voice
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Medion Akoya P66089 upgrade capabilities

Hi, I have the Medion Akoya P66089/ MSN 1002 3644 and wanted to ask about its upgrade capabilities, rather if I can replace the PSU with another one from corsair, be quiet or others without any problems. Or if there are going to be some issues. (Space, mainboard compatibility, etc) 

Why do I want to upgrade the PSU? 'Cause I wanted to upgrade the GPU to something better than the 1650, a 3060 for example.

Or should I just heads up buy a completely new pc?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Major_ToM
Professor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Hi @mexax ,

you´re owning a MEDION AKOYA P66089 MD 34270 which was distributed in 2020 and checking the specs this should still be a suitable PC for doing office work, handling your e-mails and surfing the internet.
For many operations the 512 GB PCIe M.2 SSD is as suitable as the Intel 10thGen I5 CPU and 8GB RAM can be extended (if necessary) up to a max. 32 GB by using the full capacity of both RAM slots.

The chraracteristics of the PSUP can be found here, so you can check for a more powerful one.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Major_ToM
Professor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Hi @mexax ,

you´re owning a MEDION AKOYA P66089 MD 34270 which was distributed in 2020 and checking the specs this should still be a suitable PC for doing office work, handling your e-mails and surfing the internet.
For many operations the 512 GB PCIe M.2 SSD is as suitable as the Intel 10thGen I5 CPU and 8GB RAM can be extended (if necessary) up to a max. 32 GB by using the full capacity of both RAM slots.

The chraracteristics of the PSUP can be found here, so you can check for a more powerful one.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
mexax
New Voice
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

I see. Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2