MEDION ERAZER X31-i7-12700 16GB 512SSD RTX 3060Ti Gaming Desktop Boot Issue

2 REPLIES 2
Deimaginator
Beginner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

MEDION ERAZER X31-i7-12700 16GB 512SSD RTX 3060Ti Gaming Desktop Boot Issue

Hi All,

I have an issue with going anywhere else then BIOS(Gigabyte b660m MB) after I moved my PC from stock case to custom MSI Forge m100r Case.

The only difference is that now I have 6 fans instead of 2 of which 4 are aRGB controlled by the module on the back of the case. I connected them into 2 system fan slots(2 and 3) dividing them 2 non rgb into one slot and 4 aRGB into 2nd slot. All the fans are working and led changing button is also working. The problem is that when I boot my pc it goes straight to BIOS and I cannot go anywhere from here. I was thinking there may be some hardware failure, but BIOS sees all the components with name and size(Excluding graphic card which it sees as PCIE 4x16 port taken). There is nothing to choose from in boot manager even though the BIOS sees all nvme discs including 30GB system partition. I have no idea what to do and would be very thankful for any help. 

2 REPLIES 2
EastClintwood
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Hello @Deimaginator, and welcome to the Community.

First, I would like to test whether the PC starts normally without that new fan.

If all drives are recognised in the BIOS, you may need to restore the default settings:

1. Press the F9 key to automatically load factory settings.
A message appears asking you to continue this operation by selecting OK or cancel the operation by selecting Cancel.
2. Confirm the changes by selecting OK and then press Enter.
The BIOS Setup utility window appears with the cursor on the first value in the window.
3. To save the changes and exit the BIOS Setup utility, press the F10 key.

Inform us if both steps do not solve the problem.

Kind regards,

EastClintwood

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Deimaginator
Beginner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Hi!

Thank you for your reply.

I was already able to sort things out. It seems that something happened to the system/optane ssd.

Honestly cant tell which one exactly, but after removing it I was able to install system on my 2nd ssd drive and all is good now.

For some reason I wasn't able to get the system running on the optane, but it might be caused by the fact of factory system installed there.

When I put optane to my other pc it couldn't see it but again, it might be caused by other copy of windows installed on it.

I wonder if I can get serial number of my medion windows copy anywhere so I could use it outside this optane, which of course I am not giving up on yet and I will definitely try to restore it some way. I tried restoring to factories but nothing was happening.

PS. For some reason my laptop was able to see this optane ssd by size, name and model, but not as accessible D drive but as the device in device manager.

All best!

Deimaginator  

2 REPLIES 2