MEDION Akoya P46002 (MD 34021) Doesnt Start

4 REPLIES 4
Huib_N
Newcomer
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

MEDION Akoya P46002 (MD 34021) Doesnt Start

Hi all,

I've got a Medion Akoya P46002 (MD 34021) which suddenly stopped working. I was using the computer this afternoon without any issues, and shut it off in a normal manner. Nothing strange to be observed. When I turned the computer back on a couple hours later it simply didn't do anything. There are no lights, no power at all. I tried all tips on the website, changed the power cord, tested the power outlet etc. Nothing seems to work.

Because of the nature of the issue suspect the power supply to be the issue here. My question is what you guys think of the issue, and what I could do to resolve it? I know it isn't the newest PC, but it does what I need it to do and there's quite some stuff on there that's important to me. So fixing it, if possible, would be my goal. I could replace the power supply, if that's possible? And if it is, which should I replace it with?

Thanks a lot for any and all advice in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hello @Huib_N en welkom / and welcome
What are your technical skills?
can you measure the power supply?
or if it is the on/off switch (button). can you also measure it or bridge it briefly?

the switch goes to the front panel header, you can find the connection assignment here,

https://community.medion.com/t5/FAQs/FAQ-Spezifikationen-Mainboard-quot-ECS-H110H4-EM-quot/ta-p/9648...

you can also easily measure whether the switch is working there

u kunt hier informeren naar de stroomvoorziening:

https://www.medion.com/medionserviceshop/search?sbf=true&sfs=0&msn=20056143+&catchword=

Fortron FSP450-60EMDN 0W EU/AU EUP2014 (ATX)

bye , doei Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
Huib_N
Newcomer
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Thanks a lot for the quick reply!

My own technical skills aren't that great I'm afraid, I don't really know or have the gear to make such a measurement. I did change the actual power cord to see if that was the issue, which it isn't

From what I'm currently reading it's either the switch, PSU, or the motherboard. Obviously the latter would be more of an issue

I'll indeed have to see if I can make such a measurement to learn more about the issue

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hello @Huib_N 

your PSU also has an on/off switch.
did you accidentally turn it off?

netzteil.png

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
Huib_N
Newcomer
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

I did check that one, yes. Not the problem unfortunately. Doubting whether to order a new PSU and see if changing it fixes it, or to bring it into a shop for a diagnosis. €40 difference, but could potentially save a lot of time 

4 REPLIES 4