Can I fit a GPU in this PC? MD34615

SOLVED
2 REPLIES 2
iron_duke
Beginner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Can I fit a GPU in this PC? MD34615

Hello, I'm looking at this PC and wondering if I will be (eventually) be able to fit a dedicated GPU in this PC?

When the prices come down i will be looking to do so? Does it have a PCI X16 slot and enough room to fot one along with sufficient back plate room?

https://www.aldi.co.uk/medion-desktop-computer-md34615/p/713888501275000#product-reviews

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pandaman
Tutor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Hey @iron_duke 

thank you very much for your inquiry.

I have checked out the device and would like to give you the following information:

Basically, the motherboard has a PCIe x16 connector. (PICe 3.0) However, the electrical connection of the hardware is only 8x. You probably wouldn't notice a difference in most applications and computer games. However, if you are considering video editing, 3D rendering or similar, it is not advisable to use an 8x connection.

It will easily suffice for video games.
However, you would also have to replace the power supply. You won't be able to run a dedicated graphics card with a power of 250 watts.

The case is also used for setups with graphics cards. Therefore, it can be assumed that a graphics card will fit here without any problems.

Friendly Greetings

Pandaman 😄

Pandamäßige Grüße
Pandaman

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Pandaman
Tutor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Hey @iron_duke 

thank you very much for your inquiry.

I have checked out the device and would like to give you the following information:

Basically, the motherboard has a PCIe x16 connector. (PICe 3.0) However, the electrical connection of the hardware is only 8x. You probably wouldn't notice a difference in most applications and computer games. However, if you are considering video editing, 3D rendering or similar, it is not advisable to use an 8x connection.

It will easily suffice for video games.
However, you would also have to replace the power supply. You won't be able to run a dedicated graphics card with a power of 250 watts.

The case is also used for setups with graphics cards. Therefore, it can be assumed that a graphics card will fit here without any problems.

Friendly Greetings

Pandaman 😄

Pandamäßige Grüße
Pandaman
iron_duke
Beginner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Thank you Pandaman, I don't require the PC now but your info is handy to know.

2 REPLIES 2