Did you mean: 

Akoya A10 standalone PC - Power brick unit FSP135

5 REPLIES 5
Theness
New Voice
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Akoya A10 standalone PC - Power brick unit FSP135

Had the above since 2009 and has been/still is a lovely machine. My problem is that the external PSU (Akoya FSP135) has died! Medion has nothing due to the age and not finding a replacement anywhere (Amazon/eBay etc..) Anyone help at all or know of anyone that can? Will be a shame to lose my PC because I can't power it up!

5 REPLIES 5
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

@Theness 

Hi THenes, please give the full name of your PC and  it's absolutey necessary that you name the  MSN Number of your  machine.

Regards, daddle

Theness
New Voice
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Thanx @daddle . 

PC is a Medion  Akoya A10 bought in 2009.

MSN no. Is 10012943 Model : A103

need a new power source urgently.

regards

Clive

daddle
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

@Theness 

You need a 135 W Power supply with DC 19V  7.1 A Output

and an  Input 100-240 V AC (50/60 Hz)

What is wrong with it? The transformer part or the cable with plug?

You can make use of any   laptop PSU with similar technical data.

The plug you need you can measure and buy it in an electronicshop;  or cut it off from the old cable with 10" cable left, and connect  the cables by e.g. soldering and isolating to the new PowerSupply cable, cutting off and abandoning the mounted plug if this doesn't fit .

And be aware of polarity.. Most of Medion PSU have the inner pin or plug contact for DC (+), and the outer contact is DC (-).

But with some PSU or PCs it might be the opposite.  This you easily can check with a multimeter.

Regards, daddle

Theness
New Voice
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

@daddle Wow, so impressed and encouraged by what you say!

It's the transformer (block) that appears to be burnt out by the smell of it. I'm worried that the end that plugs into the PC might be different if I don't get the correct FSP adapter. See attached photos.

daddle
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

@Theness 

If the  end that plugs into the PC is different, and you do find no fitting Adapter ( I guess you will find one), then cut the Plugs on the PC side (they transport for mankind harmless low voltage DC) and reconnect the fitting old plug to the new cable.

There are only two wires inside the cable, plus and minus. Do not connect the wrong wires. and check the continuity form the plugs inner contact to the wire end, the same for the outer contact. That identifies the way the current takes, On the PSU side,if the cable ist cut, measure with a multimeter the Voltage, and the multimeter tells you which wire is plus and which is minus.

On the imprint on the back of your PSU should a symbol show the polarity of the socket on your PCs side.  

When cutting the plug on the PSU off  the new PSUs cable, be sure it is disconnected to the wall outlet.

Good luck, daddle

5 REPLIES 5