mcm
New Voice
Nachricht 1 von 9
41.528 Aufrufe
Nachricht 1 von 9
41.528 Aufrufe

.m3u8 und neue Podcasts E85052

My greetings to the community!

First I hope you would forgive the English language. It seems that the English version of the community is not enabled yet, so I decided to post my concerns here. Feel free to move the thread there, once it is available. Moreover, I asked my question by email, but I haven't even received a comfirmation of my request...The community appears to be more active, so I wish I will not hit a blank wall again.

Also, due to my very basic understanding of German, it has been very hard to navigate in the forum and look for solutions. Please point me to the right posts, if my concerns have been discussed already, and I'll do my best to translate them and get the information I need.

So back to my issues: As stated in the title I own the MEDION Life E85052 and while everything else seems to work all right, I came along with two cases, where I am not capable to find a solution. Please trust me, I tried very hard for several hours in both situations.

In the first case, I am trying to add custom Podcasts. No matter what I've tried (and despite of the fact that the Podcasts list appears properly in the radio's menu), as long as I try to play them, the sytem crashes and restarts (reconnecting to the network and so on). The link to the Podcast list I'm trying to playback is http://feeds.feedburner.com/ellinofreneiaReal. Any thoughts?

In the second case, I was trying to add the audio from a radio station, which is using a flash player in the original web page. I digged further and i found out that the audio url is provided by the following links:

HDSLink: 'http://nerit1radio-lh.akamaihd.net/z/proto_1@123327/manifest.f4m' and

HLSLink: 'http://nerit1radio-lh.akamaihd.net/i/proto_1@123327/master.m3u8'.

None of them is recognised properly by the E85052 radio and my tries to find an .xml link or any other combatible means of streaming this station, they were in vain. I guess that my inquiry eventually is if it's possible for the E85052 to stream m3u8 playlists and if not, what would be a workaround for these cases.

Thank you for your concern,

cheers!

Tags (2)
8 ANTWORTEN 8
Andi
Master Moderator
Nachricht 2 von 9
40.635 Aufrufe
Nachricht 2 von 9
40.635 Aufrufe

Hello @mcm and welcome to our community.

I have just received the following information from our technical department.

There are thousands of podcasts available, which you can get on the radio. The additional function "Adding your own podcasts" can occasionally lead to compatibility problems. Due to the amount of available podcast, a 100% compatibility with the Internet Radio can not be guaranteed.

Greetings - Andi

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
mcm
New Voice
Nachricht 3 von 9
40.610 Aufrufe
Nachricht 3 von 9
40.610 Aufrufe

Hello @Andi and thank you for the reply!

I have already considered the information you provide, but I believe there's something else wrong with my case. I have the flollowing reasons to believe so:

• After setting it up, the podcast list appears properly both on the radio's website and the radio's menu itself. I can click on the podcast's name (it's actually a list of podcasts) and the referenced podcasts are listed normally. I repeat, this happens properly on both the radio's menu and the webpage.

• If I next click on one of the listed podcasts in the radio's interface, the system crashes immidiately and resets. I should mention that if I click on a podcast in the radio's webpage it will start streaming flawlessly.

• Moreover, if I copy the link of the podcast (from within the radio's webpage, it looks actually like this: http://www.wifiradio-frontier.com/pls/pls72546473.m3u) and create a new radio Station, in "My added stations" menu, it will play all right!

• Also, at the radio's side and as I mentioned before, the system crashes immidiately after selecting it to play. It is not loading or anything, resulting to some warning message about the content. It crashes almost immidiately. And I have tried it with different podcasts. With predifined podcasts, however, it plays fine. Only as long as i try to play one from the "My addded podcasts" the above will happen.

For these reasons, I believe it has to do with the radio's software misbehaviour. May some firmware update could fix it. What do you think? Are you able to test the podcast I posted on a similar device? Could you maybe provide me with a link to a podcast, which I can add to my custom podcasts and you know it works (on some other E85052 device)?

As for my other issue, it seems that the radio can playback .m3u files, but not .m3u8 ones. Is this correct? If so, could this be a feature also added as a firmware update? Any known workaround for these cases?

Thanks again for the feedback and beste Grüße.

Andi
Master Moderator
Nachricht 4 von 9
32.183 Aufrufe
Nachricht 4 von 9
32.183 Aufrufe

Hallo @mcm.

Thank´s, at first for you statement. Our Technical department try to follow your steps and get the same result….

After adding the podcast on the page and try to play it on the Device -> (FW Reboot) This is main problem, how you can see the Radio don’t support this (.m3u8) file. (UTF-8 Codec) for this reason please use legal files for podcast.

We try to fix this issues ASAP and provide update via Internet. You get a hint on display (new FW available). Please note, the new update don’t included the new m3u8 codec. The new update is for reboot issues

For your internal check, please try follow Podcast´s…..

http://www1.wdr.de/radio/podcasts/fhe/kosta_rapadopoulos124.podcast

http://nacktgutaussehen.libsyn.com/rss

Greetings - Andi

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
mcm
New Voice
Nachricht 5 von 9
31.790 Aufrufe
Nachricht 5 von 9
31.790 Aufrufe

Hallo again!

I appreciate you clarification on the .m3u8 issue and I wish some day it will be an added feature.

Now, about the podcasts, I tried the first link you provided, but the device, once again, crashed and rebooted...I guess there's a bug in the firmware somewhere. May I ask if there is an estimation of the new firmware release date?

P.S.: I had started to think that my post was forgotten and I was happily surprised, when I saw your reply! Very nice community! Vielen Dank!

Andi
Master Moderator
Nachricht 6 von 9
30.711 Aufrufe
Nachricht 6 von 9
30.711 Aufrufe

Hello @mcm.

Thanks for your answer. Please wait for the next update. Unfortunately there is no Releasedate yet.

Greeting - Andi

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.

Lary_Loose
Trainee
Nachricht 7 von 9
4.382 Aufrufe
Nachricht 7 von 9
4.382 Aufrufe

Hallo,

das Neustarten von mehreren Medion Radios beim Auswählen eines selbst hinzugefügten Podcasts kann ich bei mir auch beobachten.

Ich habe mir einmal die Mühe gemacht die Netzwerkkommunikation des Radios zu analysieren und konnte dabei beobachten, dass bei der Auswahl einer abzuspielenden Datei, der Host medion.wifiradiofrontier.com mit einem "Error 22401" antwortet, was das Radio sofort abstürzen lässt.

<EncryptedToken>3a3f5ac48a1dab4e</EncryptedToken>GET /setupapp/medion/asp/BrowseXML/Search.asp?sSearchtype=5&Search=P5550010&mac=a50054553ed14e6f*************&dlang=eng&fver=5&ven=medion2 HTTP/1.1
Host: medion.wifiradiofrontier.com
User-Agent: FSL IR/0.1
Cache-Control: no-cache
Pragma: no-cache

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Cache-Control: private
Content-Length: 403
Content-Type: text/html
Server: Microsoft-IIS/7.5
Set-Cookie: ASPSESSIONIDAQTBRQTS=IDGDOCIBNKCNFKFFEDNFCOBO; path=/
X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2015 07:23:03 GMT

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<ListOfItems>
<ItemCount>1</ItemCount>
<Item>
<ItemType>Previous</ItemType>
<UrlPrevious>http://medion.wifiradiofrontier.com/setupapp/medion/asp/BrowseXML/loginXML.asp?</UrlPrevious>
<UrlPreviousBackUp>http://medion2.wifiradiofrontier.com/setupapp/medion/asp/BrowseXML/loginXML.asp?</UrlPreviousBackUp>
</Item>
Error 22401</ListOfItems>

Für mich sieht es so aus, dass entweder das in meinem Bsp. ausgewählte Element mit der ID P5550010 durch den Aufruf von /setupapp/medion/asp/BrowseXML/Search.asp nicht gefunden werden konnte, oder dass die Authentifizierung zwischen den Requests nicht ordungsgemäß funktioniert.

Ich würde mich freuen, wenn dieses Problem behoben werden könnte.

Viele Grüße

Lary

Iks-Jott
Superuser
Nachricht 8 von 9
4.380 Aufrufe
Nachricht 8 von 9
4.380 Aufrufe

Hallo @Lary_Loose

willkommen in der Community.

Über ein gleichartiges oder ähnliches Problem mit einem anderen Gerät wurde hier  berichtet.

Vielleicht ist es gut, wenn du dort deinen Beitrag verlinkst oder anhängst, damit man sieht, dass das gegebenenfalls kein Einzelfall und möglicherweise auch nicht geräteabhängig ist.

Gruß
Iks-Jott

Nachricht 9 von 9
4.349 Aufrufe
Nachricht 9 von 9
4.349 Aufrufe

Hallo @Lary_Loose und herzlich willkommen in der Community.

Ich habe deine Infos einmal weitergegeben. Vielen Dank für deine Mühe.

Wenn es Neuigkeiten gibt, melde ich mich wieder.

Gruß - Andi

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.

8 ANTWORTEN 8