SOLVED
11 REPLIES 11
Mark
Trainee
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Medion LIFE P61071 MD43035 wifi setup issue

Hello,

I recently purchased this device, but have not been able to set it up correctly.

Tried setup via WPS and manual wifi setup, with DHCP and with manual ip setup, turned off wifi 5Ghz to avoid conflict/connection to this separate network...

Steps taken: power on the device, open the app, click "set up audio system", put the device in SETUP mode (blinks regularly and slowly), press next in the app, select the UNDOK_00:... network broadcasted by the device, my phone connects to that network, enter "Medion" as a name for the device, select "Wi-Fi" as connection method, select the correct network and enter the password, press next; the device stops broadcasting the UNDOK_00:... network, and the phone reconnects to my home network (= same as selected in the app obviously). Then the app scans for the device, but times out. It shows a warning that the audio system cannot be found on the network.

Strangely - I think this must be related to the problem - on the webpage of my router, I can see the Medion device in the network (most of the time) as connected, but cannot ping it.

any help would be appreciated,

greets

Mark

11 REPLIES 11
Mark
Trainee
Message 11 of 12
Message 11 of 12

Had the device sent to Medion Tech Support, they reset the software (not possible to do this as an end user), since then it works well.

jomod
Newcomer
Message 12 of 12
Message 12 of 12

I had exactly the same issue and found a solution today.

Get the device in standby mode and wait until it shows up in the app.

Then go to settings -> audiosystem -> "device name" -> factory reset.

After a new setup in the app it works again.

11 REPLIES 11