Sibz
Apprentice
Message 1 sur 15
6 855 Visites
Message 1 sur 15
6 855 Visites

Medion Gaming Centre Hogging RAM randomly

Hi everyone,

I have an Erazer x6807 and have realised that Gaming Centre hogs up to 50% of the RAM for no reason at all.

Is there a reason for this? How can I prevent it?

Thank you,

Sibz 

14 RÉPONSES 14
Gehringer
Retired
Message 11 sur 15
2 055 Visites
Message 11 sur 15
2 055 Visites

Hi @Sibz ,

if the control center uses 24GB of memory, it would not be possible to run it when the unit had only 8GB.

Can you please completely remove the control center from your unit and see what is the memory usage without it?

Regards,

Gehringer

Sibz
Apprentice
Message 12 sur 15
2 051 Visites
Message 12 sur 15
2 051 Visites

Hi @Gehringer,

Sure, I can do so. How would this 

@Gehringer wrote:

Hi @Sibz ,

if the control center uses 24GB of memory, it would not be possible to run it when the unit had only 8GB.

Can you please completely remove the control center from your unit and see what is the memory usage without it?

Regards,

Gehringer

The RAM hogging happens randomly, at least I think, at the moment. I can stop it by cancelling gaming centre processes via Task Manager. The issue is simply that it happens at times when I need to use computer resources for other RAM intensive processes.

Even when I had the stock 8GB, it would hog above 50% of the memory and I would realise that when I open task manager because suddenly the PC became slow or unresponsive before using memory intensive applications. 

I will post the RAM usage figures ASAP. 

Thank you, 

@Sibz 

Sibz
Apprentice
Message 13 sur 15
2 044 Visites
Message 13 sur 15
2 044 Visites

@Gehringer ,

Please see resource use without Gaming Centre installed.

Kind regards,

2Taskmgr_yULNEtX1Zt.png

Gehringer
Retired
Message 14 sur 15
2 034 Visites
Message 14 sur 15
2 034 Visites

Hi @Sibz,

has this issue been happening since you first bought it or has it started after a few software installation?

Have you already run our Medion Service App to diagnose any faults on your unit?

Have you also tried to perform a factory settings reset of your unit, update Windows and installing the control center? Please test it before installing any additional apps.

Regards,

Gehringer

Sibz
Apprentice
Message 15 sur 15
1 903 Visites
Message 15 sur 15
1 903 Visites

Hi @Gehringer, I am sorry I haven't kept up with our conversation. The issue has been on and off since purchase. Initially, I assumed I needed to install an updated version of Gaming centre. I found out that the one I have is the latest. I haven't carefully examined if it may be caused by software conflict. I have also run the Medion service app and there are no faults with the unit. I sent the laptop in for repairs a few months ago and it left with the problem and still has it now. To be honest, I have been tolerating this for long because I am in a phase of my project (academic) where setting aside time to carefully troubleshoot possible software conflicts may cost me valuable time. I had hoped it was a common error and that it could be fixed ASAP. Thank you again for your feedback and advice.

14 RÉPONSES 14