Did you mean: 

Action-Camcorder

5 REPLIES 5
CockneyLondoner
New Voice
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Action-Camcorder

I have recently purchased a MD 87156 and require a chest mount (50050045A1) togther with an adapter (50050043A1).

These are currently shown as being in stock on the German shop webpage but I can't access them through the UK shop.

I have attempted to order them off of the German shop, firstly via Paypal but the Medion website states that it doesn't accept Paypal payments other than from German Accounts then using a Credit Card (having already done the login process) but am returned to the UK website and my basket is cleared.

Kindly explain what is going on because the Medion Swindon Office is of no use. 

5 REPLIES 5
Bodgekin
Mentor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Hi @CockneyLondoner

To my understanding, the Medion webshops are localized and only deliver to their specific countries (Germand webshop only delivers to adresses in Germany, UK webshop only to adresses within the UK etc.). I dont think here is a way around this, unless you have an adress in Germany from which it can be sent through to you.

Kind regards,
Bart
CockneyLondoner
New Voice
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

The system would seem creditable if the parts were available to order on ones local website - except for items that would be classed as being 'country specific' for instance. An Action-Camcorder and its accessories are not such items.

The Action-Camcorder was ordered off of eBay.co.uk, was handled through Medion UK and delivered to me direct from Medion in Germany. So why won't Medion supply me with the accessories? All I get from Medion UK is that the items are not shown on THEIR computer, so tough luck.

Medion are an EU manufacturer selling goods around the world but specifically in the EU. Medion have a presence and trade in the UK and are, I am sure, duty bound to treat all of it's EU customers equally. I believe that the EU Trading Laws require this and forbid exercising restrictive practices and/or acting in a detrimental manner (saying that they will only deliver to a German address but not a UK one is being detrimental to me and anyway they have already supplied me with the camera direct from Germany).

I have written to Medion UK about the matter but as at the time of writing I have not received a reply from them. I note on Medion website there is a link whereby I can raise a dispute. I am hopefulI that Medion will find some good sense and not make it necessary for me to go down that road.   

Bodgekin
Mentor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hi @CockneyLondoner

Well I don't know the specifics of it nor the reasons behind it, just that the shops are localized. I hope they find a solution for you though!

Kind regards,
Bart
CockneyLondoner
New Voice
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Hi Bart,

Thanks for your post.

Since my last post I have heard from Medion saying that one of the two items I wanted in now out of stock!! and the following suggestion:

' I would advise you to have the whole package replaced so that the device can come with all the right accessories, because we are not able to pick parts out of other boxes to ship them out.'

I have asked for clarification because I thought that the chest harness and adapter are 'accessories' and are not part of the Action-Camcorder package.

One assumes that they do know what they supply, but I'm starting to wonder.

As at the time of writing I am awaiting their reply. 

CockneyLondoner
New Voice
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Hi again Bart,

I forgot to mention in my last post that I cannot verify the validity of the Medion statements as it is now longer possible for me to access the German website either directly or via Google Search!!

I'll leave it to you to ponder why. 

5 REPLIES 5