Run Ubuntu from usb in medion erazer x7847 - md 60484

3 REPLIES 3
nicolodeon
Beginner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Run Ubuntu from usb in medion erazer x7847 - md 60484

Hi guys,

I've recently bought this computer, and it's pretty cool. But I can't boot from usb. I tryed different configs from uefi, but there is no way.

If anyone has any advice, it would be nice. Thanks.  

3 REPLIES 3
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

@nicolodeon

In UEFI, first you have to disable "Secure Mode", then an until now grey marked button gets electable and will allow to choose CSM-mode (compatibility support mode), may also be named Win 7 / Others. This will enable UEFI to boot as an older bios from boot media without signature.

Second you have to enter your DVD or USB-stick containing the non-uefi operating system before starting your PC enabling (UEFI)-Bios to initialize the drive or stick and to add the OS to the bootmanager.

regards, daddle

nicolodeon
Beginner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Thanks @daddle, you save my day!

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi @nicolodeon,

great effort from daddle and just a helping hint from me. If you receive a helping answer, it would be nice to mark you question as solved by clicking the approriate "Solution button" on the right underneath of daddle´s helping answer.

This helps other Commmunity users with similar issues to solve their problem faster, cause your initiated TOP is then marked as "already solved"

Nice day

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
3 REPLIES 3