AGESA 1.0.0.6 Bios update for P2A4-EM ryzen motherobards

SOLVED
17 REPLIES 17
Hercules888
Beginner
Message 1 of 18
Message 1 of 18

AGESA 1.0.0.6 Bios update for P2A4-EM ryzen motherobards

When can we expect a Bios update with the AGESA 1.0.0.6 microcode?

Currently, there are 2 bios revisions found in the wild, being P2A4W0X.109 (ref) andP2A4W0X.107 (ref).

There seems to be one mainboard that is used for most Ryzen systems, being the P2A4-EM, is this correct?

Would it be possible to provide with info on how to get the latest Bios for the P2A4-EM motherboard,

and if the AGESA 1.0.0.6 update will be included?

Thank you very much for any reaction!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Major_ToM
Professor
Message 3 of 18
Message 3 of 18

Hi @Hercules888, @Bodgekin,

thank you for your message. We´re happy to confirm, that for  P2A4-EM desktop PC systems we just published BIOS Version 2.02 which contains some adjustments (fan speed, CPU SMT fuction, an updated AMD UEFI Raid driver, modifyed memory speed information and last not least the AGESA 1.0.0.6 microcode update.

You can download the update by clicking this link: http://cdn.medion.com/downloads/treiber/biop2a4em.exe (Version 2.02)

Installation notes:

Important!
Please ensure to have all other applications (especially background applications) closed, before starting the update procedure.

Never switch off the PC during the execution of the BIOS Update!

+++Installation+++
1. Unzip the downloaded file into a created folder on your harddisk.

2. Please run the file Wflash.bat from Windows surface as administrator.

3. The system must be rebooted for the changes to become effective.

Attention: Please be aware that you noticed the original bios setting before starting the update, because some values may have changed afterwards.

Please note:  To extract all files press the "Extract"-Button. The files will be extracted to the folder specified in the "Folder"-Field. This folder will be created, if it does not exist.

Important notice: For any errors, caused by the execution of this update, we don´ t accept any responsibility for damage or lost of data. The customer agrees with that fact by executing the update.

Regards

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Bodgekin
Mentor
Message 2 of 18
Message 2 of 18

Hi @Hercules888

I think all Ryzen motherboards use the same chipset, but there still might be other differences between the motherboards, so I dont think the BIOS will be interchangeable between different brands of motherboards. 

If you have a Medion system, you should be able to find a BIOS update through the support website with the MSN number of your system as soon as it is available. When the update will be available and if AGESA 1.0.0.6 is included, I don't know, I think you'd have to contact Medion themselves for that info. 

Kind regards,
Bart
Major_ToM
Professor
Message 3 of 18
Message 3 of 18

Hi @Hercules888, @Bodgekin,

thank you for your message. We´re happy to confirm, that for  P2A4-EM desktop PC systems we just published BIOS Version 2.02 which contains some adjustments (fan speed, CPU SMT fuction, an updated AMD UEFI Raid driver, modifyed memory speed information and last not least the AGESA 1.0.0.6 microcode update.

You can download the update by clicking this link: http://cdn.medion.com/downloads/treiber/biop2a4em.exe (Version 2.02)

Installation notes:

Important!
Please ensure to have all other applications (especially background applications) closed, before starting the update procedure.

Never switch off the PC during the execution of the BIOS Update!

+++Installation+++
1. Unzip the downloaded file into a created folder on your harddisk.

2. Please run the file Wflash.bat from Windows surface as administrator.

3. The system must be rebooted for the changes to become effective.

Attention: Please be aware that you noticed the original bios setting before starting the update, because some values may have changed afterwards.

Please note:  To extract all files press the "Extract"-Button. The files will be extracted to the folder specified in the "Folder"-Field. This folder will be created, if it does not exist.

Important notice: For any errors, caused by the execution of this update, we don´ t accept any responsibility for damage or lost of data. The customer agrees with that fact by executing the update.

Regards

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Hercules888
Beginner
Message 4 of 18
Message 4 of 18

Thank you very much! Installed it and everything 's working as expected

Palou
Apprentice
Message 5 of 18
Message 5 of 18

Hello, I am an old men Smiley Sad, and I have a question to your post  :

You give us a link to an exe file (update the bios) but than in your text you say :

unzip the file (? with an exe) (and windows say it can arm your pc)

then you say :

Attention: Please be aware that you noticed the original bios setting before starting the update, because some values may have changed afterwards.

But is there some tool to note or save those parameters ?

next you say :

Please note:  To extract all files press the "Extract"-Button. The files will be extracted to the folder specified in the "Folder"-Field. This folder will be created, if it does not exist.

but when you unzip, normaly it unzip all the files !   am I wrong ?

I am not a geek Smiley Sad and have trouble with my pc a x7731 d (blue screen and words from µsoft says : pour W 10, une mise à jour du BIOS ne peut pas faire du mal

Thanks if You can give me a clue.

burkm
Explorer
Message 6 of 18
Message 6 of 18

Hi,

in the meantime AMD released AGESA 1.0.0.7 / 1.0.7.x, which provides a lot of new features.

When will there be an BIOS update from Medion for those ECS P2A4-EM motherboards available, which contains those new AGES features ?

Jufo
New Voice
Message 7 of 18
Message 7 of 18

Yes, another Bios update would really support the capabilities of this capable system and would make it more future proof. So I would highly appreciate another Bios update.

Teddybaer
Trainee
Message 8 of 18
Message 8 of 18

Is it possible to get a compatibility list for the P2A4-EM motherboard?

I plan to replace the Ryzen 5 1600 with a Ryzen 3 1200 or 1300X and need to know, if the P2A4-EM with BIOS 2.02 is compatible to this CPU.

Jufo
New Voice
Message 9 of 18
Message 9 of 18

I have Ryzen 7 happily running on this board. I wouldn't expect any issues but why do you go for a downgrade?
Teddybaer
Trainee
Message 10 of 18
Message 10 of 18

The P56000 is just for Office/Internet usuage and a Ryzen 3 would be enough for this. I will put the Ryzen 5 1600 in another System with a MSI B350 Board and a GTX 1060 6GB as a little gaming PC.

17 REPLIES 17